[RADIATOR] Radiator + LDAP tries to use "(?uid=)" as search filter...

Martin Burton mvb at sanger.ac.uk
Tue Sep 13 14:27:25 CDT 2011

On 13/09/2011 17:13, Isaac Freeman wrote:

> The passwords are stored in the LDAP server as SSHA
> hashes, but I have "ServerChecksPassword" and the LDAP logs look like it's
> doing the BIND operation correctly now, it just doesn't like the
> credentials for some reason.

Whenever I authenticate users against openLDAP using AuthBy LDAP2 and
ServerChecksPassword I don't specify the AuthDN and AuthPassword.  I
don't know that this would make any difference (I've never tried it with
an admin bind).

Like:

<AuthBy LDAP2>
        Version 3
        Host ldap.internal.sanger.ac.uk
        BaseDN ou=people,dc=sanger,dc=ac,dc=uk
        UsernameAttr uid
        PasswordAttr userPassword
        ServerChecksPassword

Martin Burton
Senior Systems Administrator               \\\|||///
Special Projects Team                     \\  ^ ^  //
Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute            (  6 6  )
                                  http://www.sanger.ac.uk