[RADIATOR] radiator shutdown on reload

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Fri Jun 3 09:57:19 CDT 2011

On 06/02/2011 11:56 PM, Michael wrote:

> I just had an issue with radiator shutting down.  I added another
> Handler to my config.  I keep them in separate files, and use an
> include to include that given file.  I typo'd the file location, and
> when I reloaded the config, the service shut down.  I have an HA
> environment where I sync the config to 4 redundant radiator systems
> and they all reload upon new config.  So, all 4 services shut down.
> Boy was I sweating.
>
> Does radiator not use the current running configuration if a reload
> fails to process the config files?

It does not. Fortunately this problem is also logged during startup. In
other words, what you experienced is how Radiator works.

You also need to be careful to close each <Handler>, <AuthBy> and other
clauses. Not closing these with a matching </Handler> etc. can cause the
parser to incorrectly interpret the configuration file without noticing
any errors.

Heikki

NetWare etc.