[RADIATOR] Central Authentication - RADIUS, TACACS+, LDAP - is RADIATOR the one!

Mark Hodgetts m.hodgetts at eris.qinetiq.com
Thu Feb 25 03:33:39 CST 2010

Hi,

I have a requirement to provide central authentication in a mixed
environment.  I was hoping the list can advise on whether Radiator is
the way forward :-)

Radiator will be be installed on Sun hardware running Solaris 10.

My environment includes:

Sun Solaris 10    - will use LDAP for authentication
Cisco IOS         - will use TACACS+ ideally but RADIUS is an option
BigIP F5          - will use RADIUS
Juniper firewalls - will use RADIUS
Linux Sentos      - will use LDAP

Will radiator be able to handle all these types of requests?

If so, will radiator natively be able to handle these requests or will I
need to install other code, such as openLDAP etc.

Do you guys have any other options, links to documentation which may
help me out?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

Cheers,