[RADIATOR] Accessing Timestamp in Postauthhook during Access-Request

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at archred.com
Fri Feb 19 13:47:16 CST 2010

On 02/19/2010 08:58 PM, Chris Bland wrote:

> Still now sure what's not working.  I tried you solution in a file by
> itself and this is what showed up in the logs

I am not Hugh, but took look at this too :)

> Fri Feb 19 11:37:25 2010: DEBUG: AuthBy LDAP2 result: ACCEPT,
> Fri Feb 19 11:37:25 2010: DEBUG: Timestamp is
> Fri Feb 19 11:37:25 2010: DEBUG: Access accepted for chris at fdu.edu
>
> I forgot to mention in my original post that I am able to get the
> Timestamp during other requests just not in the Access-Request.

I think Timestamp is only available in Accounting-Request packets.

If you check the manual for version 4.5.1, section 5.29.16
"AcctColumnDef", there is discussion about the Timestamp attribute and
how it is added by Radiator to received Accounting-Requests.

The log snippet you included shows that the attribute is not in
Access-Request and since it is not added by Radiator, I think that
explains why you can not see it.

If the need is only to log the timestamp of request arrival, maybe %B or
the other time related specifiers would do. For example, %B does not
depend on the request contents, but is the result of strftime(time()) call.

--
Heikki Vatiainen, Arch Red Oy
+358 44 087 6547