[RADIATOR] Radiator performance

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Tue Feb 2 16:40:48 CST 2010

Hello Alex -

The best way to see what is happening with your authentications is to run Radiator with a Trace 4 debug and a LogMicroseconds logger (requires Time-Hires from CPAN) so you can see how long each processing step is taking.

Something like this in your configuration file:

Trace 4

<Log FILE>
	Filename %L/microseconds-%Y-%m-%d.log
	# requires Time-Hires from CPAN
	LogMicroseconds
	Trace 4
</Log>

This will add a six digit microseconds offset in each debug timestamp so you can see where the delays are.

Once we have the LogMicroseconds debug we can see exactly what is happening.

On 3 Feb 2010, at 00:49, Alex Massover wrote:

> Hi!
>
> What performance I can expect from single Radiator server?
>
> Currently I’m getting timeout from clients with more than 20 requests per second, on local LAN, with very low CPU usage and load average, on VMware ESX, RHEL 5.
>
> Is it OK and I should get more servers, or it supposed to handle much more? 20 requests per second doesn’t sound a lot for me.
>
> My configuration is also very simple and SOAP endpoint always answers fast, no timeouts/rejects from there.
>
> <Realm DEFAULT>
>                 <Log SYSLOG>
>                                 Facility local2
>                                 Trace 5
>                 </Log>
>                 AuthByPolicy ContinueUntilAccept
>
>        <AuthBy SOAP>
> #              Fork
>                                 Timeout 5
>                Endpoint http://MSG-LB-BES-STG:80/SoapHandler.ashx
>                SOAPTrace result
>                SOAPTrace all
>        </AuthBy>
>

> --
> Best Regards,
> Alex Massover
> VoIP R&D TL
> Jajah Inc.
>

> This mail was sent via Mail-SeCure System.

NB: