(RADIATOR) Accounting setup

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Mon Mar 19 16:18:57 CST 2007

Salut Robert -

I have many customers using the approach of running an instance of
Radiator on the SQL server and proxying the accounting requests to it.

This works very well, especially as RADIUS over UDP is much more
light-weight than running multiple SQL connections.

It is also very easy to configure with an AuthBy RADIUS clause
instead of an AuthBy SQL clause.

I generally recommend keeping local copies of the accounting requests
in daily flat files, and also keeping copies of any requests that do
not get a response from the accounting server. This gives you
complete copies of your accounting data in flat files which you can
then archive at your convenience. The files containing any missed
accounting requests can also be used directly to load the accounting
data into the database when it becomes available using the
radimportacct utility provided for this purpose in the goodies
directory.

The configuration file would look something like this:

<Handler Request-Type = Accounting-Request>
	<AuthyBy RADIUS>
		AcctFailedLogFileName %L/failed-accounting-%Y-%m-%d
	</AuthBy>

	AcctLogFileName %L/accounting-%Y-%m-%d

</Handler>

hope that helps

BTW - we can provide contract consulting services for design,
implementation, training and so on as required.

cordialement

Hughes

NB:

radiator)?