(RADIATOR) Threading support (again)

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Tue Aug 28 06:32:40 CDT 2007

Hello Robert -

This is why I recommend the "frontend" with multiple "backend"
instances.

The "frontend" listens on the normal ports, and it then just does
local proxies to the "backend's".

As mentioned, the additional benefit to this approach is that the
configuration for each instance tends to be much simpler and easier
to manage.

On 28 Aug 2007, at 21:08, Robert Blayzor wrote:

> Hugh Irvine wrote:
>> You are better off using different port numbers for your Radiator
>> instances, rather than multiple IP addresses.
>

> Unfortunately in IOS SLB I can't easily load balance one service over
> multiple ports on the same "real server".  Real servers are
> specified by
> IP, not port, and the vservers are sets of "real servers".
>
> --
> Robert Blayzor
> INOC
> rblayzor at inoc.net
> http://www.inoc.net/~rblayzor/
>
> The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of my
> employer,
> not necessarily mine, and probably not necessary.

NB:

radiator)?
Have you checked the RadiusExpert wiki:
http://www.open.com.au/wiki/index.php/Main_Page