(RADIATOR) Problems with Radiator : Hanging

Ray Van Dolson rayvd at corp.digitalpath.net
Fri Jul 29 17:44:41 CDT 2005

On Fri, Jul 29, 2005 at 01:02:41PM -0400, Ricardo Martinez wrote:
> - Third, i need to trace this problem (for a better report) but i need some
> help here.  Since i'm using Radiator in a production machine i set the trace
> level to 3, but with this level i'm not obtaining any information about
> what's going on when the problem is happening in the log file.  Does anyone
> know if Radiator leaves more log information in another file?  If i use
> trace level 4 would this have an impact in the performance of the machine?.

I guess it depends on how busy your server is and what type of hardware it's
running.  We're running a fairly busy server, and switching to a higher trace
level bumps up CPU usage a little but not a lot.  I would suspect it would be
worth a bit of slowdown to identify and fix the problem. :-)

You could probably also do an strace -p <pid> on the radiator process id when
it freezes up and possibly see what "state" it's in.

Ray

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au