(RADIATOR) threading

Rodrigo Nuno Bragança da Cunha rodrigo.cunha at corp.vodafone.pt
Wed Oct 27 06:06:05 CDT 2004

Thread creation in perl is much slower than forking. I've also seen
great improvments just by replacing ithreads with the forks.pm module...
and less bugs... and MUCH less memory consumption (yes, incredible).

Given the current state of perl native threads if you really need the
threads model you should try forks.pm, or else live with fork alone.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au