(RADIATOR) Trouble getting Tacacs to work

Patrik Forsberg patrik.forsberg at dataphone.net
Thu Oct 21 08:54:30 CDT 2004

Hi,

I'm trying setup a combined Radius plus TacacsPlus server with Radiator.
I started with the Tacacs server becouse that is the most important part
to get working but I ran into trouble :(

The tacacs part aint very well documented in the Radiator documentation
but I think I got most working.. that is I'm getting a user
authenticated. But I want to be able to split my users into different
groups depending on what they are working with. This aint working tho
becouse I can't figure out how to do it.. I've tried several ways to
define the group for tacacs but seem to get the same response no matter
what I add. They always end up with priv-lvl 15 :(

Can someone help me with a good example of how to setup a working tacacs
with say two different groups that are allowed to execute all commands
but with different priv-lvl .. say 15 and 7 for example ?

Would be very happy for that :)

Best Regards,
Patrik

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au