(RADIATOR) Question about var differences between inner and outer authentications.

Mike McCauley mikem at open.com.au
Tue Oct 12 01:30:30 CDT 2004

Hello Terry,

On Tuesday 12 October 2004 16:14, Terry Simons wrote:
> Thanks Hugh,
>
> I'll play with a hook and see if I can at least get things working.
>
> I would like to use the AddToRequest/Reply functionality if possible,
> but I can't figure it out.
>
> I can manually add pieces into the inner with something like:
>
> <Handler TunnelledByTTLS=1>
> AddToRequest Calling-Station-Id = abc123
>
> AuthBy BY_FILE
> </Handler>
>
> But I can't seem to figure out how to say "Calling-Station-Id" gets the
> value of "Calling-Station-Id" in the outer request to which this inner
> request belongs.
>
> Is this even possible?

There is no syntax for AddToRequest for getting attributes from the outer
request. So I cant see a way to do what you are looking for just by jiggling
AddToRequest etc.

Further to what Hugh posted, in a hook, you can get to the outer packet from
the inner packet with $p->{outerRequest}.

Hope that helps.
Cheers.

Mike McCauley                               mikem at open.com.au

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au