(RADIATOR) Shasta 5000 NAS Port Missing

Tommy Mazejian - DC Soft tommy at dcsoftintl.com
Tue May 11 05:09:07 CDT 2004

Hi,

Recently we have deployed Shasta 5000 for PPP over L2TP, with BSN acting as
LNS. The running iSOS is version 2.5.8.2.

In this specific environment, Shasta DOES NOT send NAS-Port RADIUS
attributes (verified by Nortel's documentation), which is needed to
delete/reset sessions in the online table.

The direct result of this, is large number of users to remain hanged on the
system, until manually the sessions are cleared from the database RadOnline.

We have tried the Acc-Session-ID attribute, instead of having the condition
on NAS-Port, however this has its set of problems, which is the session ID
are always unique, and the online session for a hanged user will never be
deleted DURING AUTHENTICATION.

We have even tried Framed-IP-Address condition, but again DURING
AUTHENTICATION we do NOT have the Framed-IP-Address.

I will be very grateful if you can provide some helpful hints/tricks to
overcome this issue based on your experience with Shasta.

Best regards,

Tommy

Thomas Mazejian

Project Manager

DC Soft - Next Generation Development Today

El-Maarad Street, Natour bldg.,

Postal Code 2011-4808

Beirut Central District,

Beirut - Lebanon

Tel:                   +961-1-970257 ext. 107

Fax:                  +961-1-970267

Mobile:              +961-3-269075

KSA Mobile:      +966-50-7628869

Email:               tommy at dcsoftintl.com

MSN                 tommymaz at hotmail.com

PO Box 11-337

Beirut - Lebanon

<http://www.dcsoftintl.com/> http://www.dcsoftintl.com
<http://www.dcsoftintl.com/>

<http://www.isppro.com/> http://www.isppro.com <http://www.isppro.com/>

ISP Pro - Billing For Next Generation Services

If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the
message or send an email to info at dcsoftintl.com