(RADIATOR) Radiator Setup Scenario

Amante M. Alvaran mants at globenet.com.ph
Thu Mar 4 06:23:31 CST 2004

We need your suggestion on our current setup. This is
because we are experiencing some problem on RADIUS process
that is sometimes consuming 100% of our CPU process. Below
here is my network configuration.

NAS1-----RAD3.8_#1-----ProxyGateway1-----Database

NAS2-----RAD3.8_#2-----ProxyGateway2-----Database

NAS3-----RAD3.8_#3-----ProxyGateway3-----Database

NAS = GPRS Node
RAD = Radiator version 3.8

NAS are configured to send only an authorization and
accounting request to the RADIUS while the RADIUS forwarded
the Accounting information to the ProxyGateway to store the
information to its Database server. The Database server
stored information about the IP address assigned to the
host and the calling station ID.

RAD3.8_#1 sends information to three (3) ProxyGateway which
means that the 3 gateways are clients of RADIUS 1, same
scenario is applied with the other 2 RADIUS.  RADIUS server
is configured to send an acknowledgment to the host only
after the ProxyGateway confirmation is forwarded to the
RADIUS.

Now the problem is RADIUS is seeing an unknown reply with
the other gateway.

Sample Error with trace level 1
WARNING: Unknown reply received in AuthRADIUS for request
19 from xxx.xxx.xxx.x:1813

Please provide us the right solution to address our
concern.

Thanks

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au