(RADIATOR) Forwarding EAP-PEAP to another Radius server

Mike McCauley mikem at open.com.au
Thu Feb 26 16:36:27 CST 2004

Hello Franck,

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 11:53 pm, Franck Villien wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just starting with Radiator ,and no answer found in archive mailing list
> about How to forward an PEAP request sent by a WXP SP1 through an Cisco AP
> to a standard Radius server. (which does not support PEAP).

There is currently no way I know of to extract the authentication from PEAP
and forward it to a non-EAP server.

The best you could hope for is to forward the inner EAP-MSCHAPV2 to another
server, but I dont think this will help you unless the other server
understands EAP-MSCHAPV2. AFAIK, Radiator is the only server that can handle
bare EAP-MSCHAPV2 without special modifications.

I can see that it might be technically possible to turn the inner auth of
PEAP-MSCHAPV2 into an ordinary Radius MSCHAPV2 request and proxy it, but we
have not done this.

Hope that helps.

Mike McCauley                               mikem at open.com.au

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au