(RADIATOR) Rewrite username or Quintum configuration?

Richard Grantham richard at bactel.net
Tue Sep 30 12:10:27 CDT 2003

Hi List,

I've been looking at the hooks with regards to rewriting usernames but
I'm not getting much mileage in what I'm trying to achieve.

What I want to do is the opposite of stripping realms out of requests.
If the username does not have a realm in it it will add the NAS IP
address as a realm instead.  This is for a calling card platform where
requests are made with the username given as <username at something>.
Hopefully the following Perl function will illustrate what I want to do:

sub
{
    my $p = ${$_[0]};

    my $username = $p->getUserName;
    if ($username !~ /\@/)
    {
        $username = "$username\@p->get_attr('NAS-IP-Address')";
    }
    return $username;
}

I want to do this because a customer wishes to use our calling card
platform with a Quintum which does not allow you to edit its IVR scripts
(and add the realm) and I don't want to write another load of handlers
when I can make the current ones more versatile.

If anyone else has a better idea or has experience getting Quintums to
authenticate as <username at something> it would be most welcome.  Being a
Cisco shop no-one here has had much use with them!

TIA

Richard
Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au