(RADIATOR) 802.1X TTLS/MD5

Kevin Schmidt kps at ucsb.edu
Mon Sep 8 12:18:50 CDT 2003

On Mon, 8 Sep 2003 09:21:59 +1000 Mike McCauley <mikem at open.com.au>
wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Sep 2003 04:48 am, Kevin Schmidt wrote:
> > I'm trying to do a little 802.1X experimentation and am having
> > limited success, so any pointers are welcome
> Looks to me like Radiator delivered the server certificate to the
> client, after which things go badly.
> I suspect that the client didnt like the certificate for some reason.
> Usually that means that the client is configured to check the server
> certificate, but the servers root certificate has not yet been
> installed on the client. Is that possible?

The client has the proper root cert, and I tried it with server cert
validation disabled -- same results.

> The Radiator FAQ has some tips for how to find out what the problem in
> the client might be.

I didn't see anything directly applicable, but I'll try dropping down to
plain WinXP PEAP/MSCHAP-V2 (no Meetinghouse) and see what happens.

Kevin Schmidt                                kps at ucsb.edu
Campus Network Programmer                    (805) 893-7779
Office of Information Technology             (805) 893-5051 FAX
University of California, Santa Barbara
North Hall 2124
Santa Barbara, CA 93106-3201
Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au