(RADIATOR) Disallow e-mail account in LDAP server to login

Guðbjörn S. Hreinsson gsh at centrum.is
Fri Nov 14 02:52:59 CST 2003

I am not quite sure I understand what you mean, but do you mean
a customer has a id (uid?) in the ldap server for network access (for
NAS and radiator authentication) and the 1 or more objects for email
addresses (used by the mail server)?

We store all user information in the ldap directory as well as provisioning
information. We use what we call unified login (not to be confused with
single sign-on) so users have the same login and password for all services.
Within the objects there are provisioning tags for the services the user can
access as well as a tag for indicating user status (active, inactive, closed).
For accessing xDSL there is a provisioning tag for ip services and xDSL
access etc. etc.

In Radiator you then use ldap searches to find if the user can access the
service. In our case a typical search would be

   & ((serviceStatus=Active)(uid=typuser)| ((simnetIPConnectionType=
   ISDNplus)(simnetIPConnectionType=ADSL)))

where the searchBase is based on the domain/realm.

Hope this helps.
-GSH