(RADIATOR) AuthBy LDAP and LDAP groups

Matt Richard matt.richard at fandm.edu
Wed May 21 08:09:23 CDT 2003

Hi,

I need different RADIUS attributes based on which LDAP group a user belongs to.

The user container does not contain group membership information -
the group contains a list of the group members in a multivalued field
called "memberuid".

So I need to search for membership within a group.  I can do this
with "SearchFilter (&(memberuid=%1)(cn=radiusvpn))"  but any
subsequent search or bind uses the results of this filter as the new
DN.

What I really need is a way to do two searches of the LDAP database.
The first should be the password searh, or a bind would work okay
also.

The second search should fail if the SearchFilter doesn't return with
the DN of a group.  An LDAP compare might be okay, if there's a way
to do that.  If the search succeeds, Radiator could grab the RADIUS
attributes stored at that DN.

Has anyone done this before?  Or is there a simple solution I have overlooked?

I'm running Radiator on Mac OSX Server (10.2.6) and authenticating
users on a Cisco VPN3000 and AS5200, via the LDAP/NetInfo users &
groups database.

Thanks!

Matt
--