(RADIATOR) Radiator freezing intermitantly

Brian Fisk bfisk at lazerlink.com
Thu Jun 26 08:27:31 CDT 2003

Update:

We are running into the same problem on a machine where we are using the
primary ip address of the system for radiator.  A user will dial in and our
equipment will run the radius request, at which I can see radius
authenticating the user in authlog, but the dialup equip isn't getting it
cause it tries 5 times to auth (the set value) and tells users their
username and password is invalid.  We are using 3com (now utstarcom)
hiperarc running TCS 4.2  and the newest version of radiator.  Attached is
my conf file.  I have radius stable on a system now, but when I tried to
move it to this new system it worked.  The problem is intermitent.

# radius.cfg -JJGracia - Jan2003
#
#Foreground
#LogStdout

# Use a low trace level in production systems. Increase
# it to 4 or 5 for debugging, or use the -trace flag to radiusd

PidFile         /var/run/radiusd.pid
AuthPort        1645
AcctPort        1646
#BindAddress     199.234.153.42,199.234.153.3
#NasType                TotalControlSNMP
#trace 3

DbDir                   /etc/radiator
DictionaryFile          %D/dictionary.usr

LogDir                  /var/log/radius
#LogFile                %L/%Y%m.log
#Trace 3

<Log FILE>
Filename %L/%Y%m.log
Trace 3
#LogFormat %0:%1:%2
LogMicroseconds
</Log>

<AuthLog FILE>
Identifier myauthlogger
Filename %L/authlog
LogSuccess 1
LogFailure 1
SuccessFormat %l:%U:%P:OK
FailureFormat %l:%U:%P:FAIL
</AuthLog>

<StatsLog FILE>
Identifier mystatslogger
Filename %L/statslog
# Format %0:%1:%2:%23
</StatsLog>

<Client localhost>
        Secret          tempest
        DupInterval     0
</Client>

<Client DEFAULT>
        Secret          tempest
        DupInterval     0
#        NasType         TotalControl
        SNMPCommunity   private
</Client>

<SessionDatabase SQL>
        DBSource        dbi:mysql:radius:localhost
        DBUsername      blue
        DBAuth          green
</SessionDatabase>

<ClientListSQL>
        DBSource        dbi:mysql:radius
        DBUsername      blue
        DBAuth          green
</ClientListSQL>

<Realm DEFAULT>

   RewriteUsername s/^([^@]+).*/$1/
   RewriteUsername tr/[A-Z]/[a-z]/
   RewriteUsername s/\s+//g
#    RewriteUsername tr/A-Za-z0-9_@//cd
#   AcctLogFileName %L/detail
#   WtmpFileName    %L/wtmp

    <AuthBy SQL>

        DBSource        dbi:mysql:radius:localhost
        DBUsername      blue
        DBAuth          green

        AuthSelect      select PASSWORD,CHECKATTR,REPLYATTR from SUBSCRIBERS
where USERNAME='%n'

                AccountingTable ACCOUNTING
                AcctColumnDef   USERNAME,User-Name
                AcctColumnDef   TIME_STAMP,Timestamp,integer
                AcctColumnDef   ACCTSTATUSTYPE,Acct-Status-Type
                AcctColumnDef   ACCTDELAYTIME,Acct-Delay-Time,integer
                AcctColumnDef   ACCTINPUTOCTETS,Acct-Input-Octets,integer
                AcctColumnDef   ACCTOUTPUTOCTETS,Acct-Output-Octets,integer
                AcctColumnDef   ACCTSESSIONID,Acct-Session-Id
                AcctColumnDef   ACCTSESSIONTIME,Acct-Session-Time,integer
                AcctColumnDef   ACCTTERMINATECAUSE,Acct_Terminate-Cause
                AcctColumnDef   NASIDENTIFIER,NAS-IP-Address
                AcctColumnDef   NASIPADDRESS,NAS-Identifier
                AcctColumnDef   NASPORT,NAS-Port,integer
                AcctColumnDef   ACCTFRAMEDIP,Framed-IP-Address
                AcctColumnDef   ACCTFRAMEDNETMASK,Framed-Netmask
                AcctColumnDef   ACCTCALLERID,Calling-Station-Id
                AcctColumnDef   ACCTCALLEDID,Called-Station-Id
                AcctColumnDef
MODEMTRAININGTIME,Modem-Training-Time,integer
                AcctColumnDef   CHASISCALLSLOT,Chassis-Call-Slot,integer
                AcctColumnDef   CHASISCALLSPAN,Chassis-Call-Span,integer
                AcctColumnDef   CHASISCALLCHAN,Chassis-Call-Channel,integer
                AcctColumnDef   MODULATIONTYPE,Modulation-Type
                AcctColumnDef   ERRORCNTL,Error-Control
                AcctColumnDef   COMPRESSTYPE,Compression-Type
                AcctColumnDef   INTICONNECTRATE,Initial-Connect-Rate
                AcctColumnDef   FRAMEDPROTOCOL,Framed-Protocol
                AcctColumnDef   SPEEDOFCONNECT, Speed-Of-Connection
#              AcctFailedLogFileName %D/missedaccounting
    </AuthBy>
AuthLog myauthlogger
#StatsLog mystatslogger
</Realm>