(RADIATOR) Wireless Access Points that can do Radius Authentication

Bon sy bon at bunny.cs.qc.edu
Thu Jun 19 06:00:12 CDT 2003

Brian and Mike,

	I will add Linksys WRT51AB with official spec at
(http://www.linksys.com/products/product.asp?prid=476&grid= )

	I have not tried this but it claims to support 802.1x and it is
the least inexpensive one in the U.S. (retail less than $200).

	I will also suggest to check against the Wi-Fi certified product
list at http://www.wi-fi.org/OpenSection/certified_products.asp?TID=2
to avoid compatibility issues with cross vendor products. For example, I
did not find Lancom 3050 that Mike mentioned in the list.

	As new standards like 802.11g and WPA that are emerging
frequently, I will suggest the listing, either here or elsewhere, to get
into more specifics and user experience. For example, what client
supplicants works with what AP through (radiator or other) radius under
what version of driver/firmware, and any problems when using it as we have
encountered. In either case, I will repost this to
http://www.qcwireless.net/

	I will also try to update when warranted via the site that we
maintain at http://www.qcwireless.net/ where it devoted itself to only
wireless related discussion. I hope this coould help to complement this
site that devotes specifically only to radiator issues.

Bon

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au