(Additional Infor) Re: (RADIATOR) RADIATOR RADIUS for Cisco AP 350

Bon sy bon at bunny.cs.qc.edu
Mon Nov 11 09:52:18 CST 2002

Hi Huge and others,

	Here is the additional information about the setup on the Cisco
side and the test conducted so far:

I have followed the instruction in the security setup documentation. But I
have not been able to do even just the basic MAC address
authentication. The setup in the Cisco side, according to the
documentation, is as followed:

1.(Setup -> Address Filter) I have set "yes" to select  the option called
Lookup MAC Address on Authentication Server if not in Existing Filter
List. With this option enabled. I have also entered the MAC address of the
AP in the "Allowed" addresses list.

2. (setup -> security -> authentication server) I have entered the IP,
shared secret, and port # for the RADIUS, and checked "MAC address
authentication" (and selected "draft 10").

3. (setup -> security -> Radio WEP) I have set "Optional" in the "Use of
Data Encryption by the station", and checked "Open" and "Shared" in the
"Accept Authentication Type", with all other options (including require
EAP) unchecked. I have also set up a 128-bit WEP key with default
"Transmit with key".

4.  (setup -> AP radio -> advanced Primary SSID setup) I set
"Disallowed" for  Default Unicast Address Filter corresponding to (Accept
Authentication Type) "Open" and "Shared".

After saving all the settings, I tested it using a Symbol card on a
Pocket PC (CE OS). It authenticates successfully on the RADIATOR with APs
of other vendors. I also see the packets of RADIUS protocol sent to RADIUS
when I monitored using Ethereal.

But when I tested it on Cisco AP 350 and monitored using Ethereal, I did
not see the Cisco AP 350 sends out any packets with RADIUS protocol to the
RADIUS.

Can anyone help and offer insights into what I might have missed. Many
thanks in advance!

Bon

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au