(RADIATOR) GRIC roaming

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Fri Nov 8 16:36:48 CST 2002

Hello Craig -

You will find the archive at www.open.com.au/archives/radiator.

The simplest way to do what you want is to use a DefaultRealm in your
Client clauses, and then Realms in consequence.

Something like this:

# define Client clauses

<Client ....>
	Secret .....
	DefaultRealm sunbeach.net
</Client>

<Client ....>
	Secret .....
	DefaultRealm sunbeach.net
</Client>

# define Realms

<Realm sunbeach.net>
	# process local users
</Realm>

<Realm DEFAULT>
	# forward to GRIC
</Realm>

hope that helps

BTW - we do offer on-site training and consulting ..... :-)

> Hey list,
>
> I am a newbie (please be gentle) and I didn't setup our Radiator
> systems
> although I think they are the best! Ok enough of that..... :)
>

> I want to set up GRIC roaming for our ISP. We currently strip out all
> realms
> information so we get a plain old user/password combo and authenticate
> against our SQL Db's.
>
> I saw the setup for GRIC in the ref guide and the IgnoreAcctSignature
> setting that is needed as well in the FAQ.
>
> This is how it currently looks:
>

> <Realm DEFAULT>
> 	RewriteUsername s/^(.*)\\(.*)/$2\@$1/
> 	RewriteUsername s/^([^@]+).*/$1/

> So what I would like to do is not have to educate all my users into
> using
> @sunbeach.net in their dialup username. Is there a way to accomplish
> that if
> you don't get authenticated by my DEFAULT realm where I strip the
> username
> down it would send the original request (i.e. user at domain.com) to the
> next
> REALM I specify?
>
> What are other ISPs doing with GRIC? WOuld you be so kind as to post
> your
> configs for GRIC or email me directly?
>
> I really appreciate the help....also is there an archive of this list?
> couldn't find one to see if these questions had been asked before....
>

> Regards,
>
> Craig.

> Mike McCauley                               mikem at open.com.au
> Open System Consultants Pty. Ltd            Unix, Perl, Motif, C++, WWW
> 24 Bateman St Hampton, VIC 3188 Australia   http://www.open.com.au
> Phone +61 3 9598-0985                       Fax   +61 3 9598-0955

> Platypus, Freeside, TACACS+, PAM, external, Active Directory, EAP, TLS,
> TTLS etc on Unix, Windows, MacOS etc.

NB: I am travelling this week, so there may be delays in our
correspondence.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au