(RADIATOR) qwest and stop packets

Chris M chrism at peakpeak.com
Mon May 20 14:09:56 CDT 2002

I've started seeing this too, extremely intermittently (though not from
Qwest).  I'd be interested in knowing how people "clean" RADIUS accounting
logs to remove stuff like this to avoid coloring results.  Sure, we'd want
to find and fix the problem if possible as to why those are getting in
there, but it seems like preemptively trying to be defensive and detecting
or cleaning those out of the ACCOUNTING table would be a good idea and a
best practice.

As in, what do you do, some kind of DISTINCT statement in your  accounting
queries to select a bunch of records and INSERT them into a new "scratch"
table, then DELETE all the original records and move the records from the
"scratch" table back into the regular table?  In other words, how would you
go about doing this maintenance of cleaning the table to remove the
spurious entries?

Chris

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au