(RADIATOR) FailureQuery failing

Joel Williams joel at apathy.tristesse.org
Thu May 16 01:35:20 CDT 2002

Hi gang,
I'm upgrading our system from Radiator 2.18 to 3.0 and have set it up on a
separate machine for testing. Authentication and accounting when I run
radpwtst seem to be quite happy, depite a message that says:

DBD::Pg::db do failed: pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel
unexpectedly. at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/Radius/SqlDb.pm line 218.

However, when I use a wrong username or an incorrect password, I get the
same message:

DBD::Pg::db do failed: pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel
unexpectedly. at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/Radius/SqlDb.pm line 218.

Followed by a bunch of these:

DBD::Pg::db do failed: ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "do" at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/Radius/SqlDb.pm line 218.

The rate at which the latter message appears slows down as Radiator
allocates all available memory and chews up processor time. No reply is sent
for any of the queries.

When I remove FailureQuery from <AuthLog SQL> it works fine. The syntax is
the same as SuccessQuery, which works perfectly. The config (relevant parts
attached) is the one that was working successfully with the older Radiator.

While it's going through its death throes it does manage to log the
access-requests into the logfile, although the replies go missing.

Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks,
Joel

<AuthLog SQL>
        Identifier AirNetLog

        DBSource        dbi:Pg:host=localhost;dbname=radius
        DBUsername      postgres
        DBAuth

        LogSuccess 1
        LogFailure 1

        SuccessQuery INSERT INTO radius_radlog (time_stamp, priority,
message, callingstationid, username, acctsessionid) VALUES (timestamp(%t
),'%0', 'Accepted %{User-Name} %1', '%{Calling-Station-Id}', '%{User-Name}',
'%{Acct-Session-Id}')
        FailureQuery INSERT INTO radius_radlog (time_stamp, priority,
message, callingstationid, username, acctsessionid) VALUES (timestamp(%t
),'%0', 'Rejected %{User-Name} %1', '%{Calling-Station-Id}', '%{User-Name}',
'%{Acct-Session-Id}')

</AuthLog>

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au