(RADIATOR) hrm.. dynaddress config issues..

Jeremy Burton jpburton at netspace.net.au
Tue May 7 22:25:12 CDT 2002

Hi All,
  I'm trying to sort out some dynamic address allocation issues. Due to our
broadband wholesaler having issues with the allocation of IP addresses,
they've allowed us to allocate them to our customers. The way we need to do
the alloaction is to have a pool for each state. Fairly easy, or so I
thought. There is no easy way of telling which state the customer is in
other than the NASIP of the request - each state has fixed NASIPs.
So the way I had figured I would do this is have two tables for the
DYNADDRESS:
1. RADPOOL as shipped.
2. NASPOOL which links POOL in RADPOOL to a NAS-Identifier.

So I have:

# autoallocate IPS
<AuthBy DYNADDRESS>
    Identifier          ADSLDYNADDRESS
    PoolHint            %{Reply:NAS-Identifier}
    AddressAllocator    ADSLAllocator
</AuthBy>

<AddressAllocator SQL>
    Identifier  ADSLAllocator
    Log         DebugDump #we're dubugging,  so watch it all
    DBSource    dbi:mysql:dbname=radius;host=somehost
    DBUsername  xxxxxxxx
    DBAuth      xxxxxxxx
    DefaultLeasePeriod 3600
    LeaseReclaimInterval 1800
    FindQuery   select TIME_STAMP, YIADDR, SUBNETMASK from RADPOOL, NASPOOL \
                where RADPOOL.POOL=NASPOOL.POOL \
                and STATE=0 \
                and NASIDENTIFIER = '%N' \
                order by TIME_STAMP \
                LIMIT 1
    <AddressPool TESTING1>
        Range 192.1.1.1 192.1.1.50
    </AddressPool>
    <AddressPool TESTING2>
        Range 192.1.2.1 192.1.2.50
    </AddressPool>
</AddressAllocator>

In theory, this should work i would thik.... However, in the logfile, i
get:

Wed May  8 13:12:22 2002: DEBUG: Handling with Radius::AuthDYNADDRESS
Wed May  8 13:12:22 2002: DEBUG: No PoolHint found. No address will be allocated

Any ideas? thanks

Jeremy

--
Jeremy Burton
Database Administrator, Netspace Online Systems
jpburton at netspace.net.au
jpburton at thedonkeys.org
Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au