(RADIATOR) Strange Problem, no billing data

Marcel Welschbillig marcel at comdek.net.au
Sun Mar 10 23:31:37 CST 2002

Hi,

Was hopping someone can shed some light on our problem, the story goes
like this.....

We are running radiator with platypus billing system and things are
working fine on our local ISP system. We recently got into the satellite
telecommunications business and decided to put a 2611 router out on a
remote site with an 8AM analog modem module to provide access to the
data stream and authenticate via radiator/platypus. The data stream is
via VSAT satellite equipment ( Basicly a serial at both routers with
VSAT equipment between, using HDSL Encapsulation, introduces about 700ms
delay round trip )

The strange thing is that i can seem to authenticate from the remote
2611 but there is no call/download information sent back. The radius
server and platypus server are local and work fine with our other access
servers. Why can it authenticate over the SAT link but not send the
billing data back ?? I know the radius server and platypus server are
configured correctly because they are accounting for our loacl dialin
customers, the router is configured nearly identical to our access
servers with regards to CISCO aaa.

Any help would be great, i have tried just about everything and dont
know where to go next.

--
Regards,

Marcel Welschbillig
Inter-Network Engineer
Comdek Limited
673 Murray Street
West Perth WA 6005
Ph : (08)9214 5259
FAX: (08)9214 5201
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and privileged.
It is intended solely for the addressee. If you receive this e-mail by
mistake please promptly inform us by reply e-mail or by telephoning the
phone number listed above and then delete the e-mail and destroy any
printed copy

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au