Fwd: (RADIATOR) Re: SQLRADIUS questions

Mike McCauley mikem at open.com.au
Wed Jan 23 20:53:32 CST 2002

Hi Sam,

> Subject: (RADIATOR) Re: SQLRADIUS questions
> Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 10:10:37 -0800
> From: Sam Nilsson <sam at enabledsites.com>
> To: radiator at open.com.au
>
> This does help quite a bit.
>
> Are you saying that I can use the "FailureBackoffTime" parameter in an
> AuthBy SQLRADIUS
> clause to indicate how long to mark the SQL connection unavailable?
Yes. Any clause that has an SQL interface accepts FailureBackoffTime (which
defaults to 600 seconds).

> In this case, can i set it to 0 to always attempt to contact the SQL
> server?

Yes, but I would only do this if the SQL server is typically
down/uncontactable only for very short periods of time.

> Can i also use
> "Retries" and "RetryTimeout" as parameters to control the SQL connection
> attempts?

No, "Retries" and "RetryTimeout" are to do with proxying: how many times a
packet will be retransmitted to the selected host,and the timeout between
retransmissions.

There is however a Timeout parameter that all SQL clauses take that specifies
how long to wait for a dead/slow SQL connection.

> I'm using mysql although i guess that doesn't matter.
Correct.

> The documentation for radiator is excellent, but it is also difficult to
> fully document something
> that is so flexible and full featured.

Thanks for your understanding. We are happy to receive suggestions for
improvment at any time.

Cheers.

Mike McCauley                               mikem at open.com.au

Platypus, Freeside, TACACS+, PAM, external, Active Directory etc etc
on Unix, Win95/8, 2000, NT, MacOS 9, MacOS X
Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au