(RADIATOR) uninstallation

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Sat Jan 19 17:49:24 CST 2002

Hello Eapen -

The install procedure basically does two things - it puts all of the Perl
modules into the Perl file hierarchy (you will see where when you do a "make
install"), and it installs the "radiusd" and other assorted binaries into
"/usr/local/bin" (or wherever you have specified).

You don't necessarily have to remove the files before redoing an install
because anything that has changed will be overwritten.

However, my recommendation is always to skip the "make install" step, and
leave the various versions of Radiator in their distribution directories and
then run the executables from there. This makes it *much* easier to switch
between versions and keep everything neat and tidy.

For example:

	/usr/local/src/Radiator/Radiator-2.19
	/usr/local/src/Radiator/Radiator-2.18

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au