(RADIATOR) Re: NasType for Windows 2000

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Fri Aug 30 21:01:39 CDT 2002

Hello Tunde -

The NasType parameter in a Client clause indicates to Radiator that it
should do strict session limit checking by querying the NAS when session
limits are exceeded. The actual mechanism for querying the NAS varies
according to what the NAS actually supports (usually SNMP). As far as I
know there is no mechanism for querying Windows, hence there is no point
in setting a NasType for that client.

The code supports "NasType CiscoVPDN" (have a look in the "Radius/Nas"
directory). Perhaps you could check this on a VPN concentrator, and if
it works correctly, we can add "CiscoVPN" as well.