(RADIATOR) Activestate Perl and Digest-MD5 v2.12 requirement

Massey, Craig craig.massey at oxygenforbusiness.com
Thu Oct 25 18:26:33 CDT 2001

We've just attempted to update to 2.18.4 and struck a problem we've seen
unanswered in the list before.

The 2.18.4 makefile.pl objects if Digest-MD5 is less than 2.12. The version
packaged with Activestate Perl 629 is 2.11 and I can't find a more recent
version via PPM. I can fiddle the version number in MD5.pm which may keep
makefile quiet, but I don't know if Radiator 2.18.4 depends on features in
Digest-MD5 2.12.

We've dropped back instead to 2.18.1 which is quite happy with the old
version of Digest-MD5.

My questions are;
Can we ignore the makefile.pl output and use Digest-MD5 2.11 with Radiator
2.18.4?
Can we tweak the version number in MD5.pm to keep makefile.pl quiet and
still have Radiator 2.18.4 run successfully?
Is there somewhere we can download a version of Digest-MD5 higher than 2.11
for Activestate Perl?

Craig Massey
Team Leader - NZ NT/Exchange Administration
Oxygen Business Solutions
Mobile  025 279-5794
Phone + 64 9 633-0626. Fax + 64 9 633-0601
www.oxygenforbusiness.com

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au