(RADIATOR) AuthBy DYNADDRESS and Radius Proxy

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Tue Jul 17 00:25:36 CDT 2001

Ciao Alessandro -

You cannot run any AuthBy clause (including an AuthBy DYNADDRESS) after an
AuthBy RADIUS clause. This is because an AuthBy RADIUS clause returns
immediately, without waiting for the proxy reply to come back.

The only way you can allocate IP addresses dynamically with an AuthBy RADIUS
clause is by using a ReplyHook.

This has been discussed on the list many times.

In any case, there is an example of how to do it in the file
"goodies/hooks.txt" in the Radiator distribution.

hth

Hugh

flexible with hardware, software, platform and database indepenFrom owner-radiator at open.com.au Mon Jul 16 22:42:43 2001