(RADIATOR) Re:

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Tue Aug 28 02:58:52 CDT 2001

Hello David -

> My Cisco won't send the Framed-IP-Address attribute when starting a
> session. I've seen you talk bout copying the attribute wiht a hook, but I
> can't find it and I can't figure out how to do that.
>

> Here's the log:
>

> Code:       Accounting-Request
> Identifier: 23
> Authentic:  <164><175><192>R<16>F#<211><167><247><137><173><131><178>y<241>
> Attributes:
> NAS-IP-Address = 212.94.223.243
> NAS-Port = 1
> NAS-Port-Type = ISDN
> User-Name = "david at hrnet2"
> Acct-Status-Type = Start
> Acct-Authentic = RADIUS
> Service-Type = Framed-User
> Acct-Session-Id = "00000008"
> Framed-Protocol = PPP
> Acct-Delay-Time = 0
>

> Everything seems fine but this Framed-IP-Address attribute which is
> missing. Radiator sends it at the 'stop', but while the session in open I
> can't see IP address that has been assigned to the user.
>

> The other thing that's wrong id the Nas-Port-Type which is not ISDN but
> Virtual, this is no big deal though. I upgraded the IOS on the Cisco (to
> see if that could add my Framed-IP-Address attribute that's missing), and
> that's when I started getting ISDN instead of Virtual.

If you are allocating the addresses from Radiator, you can make a copy in the
Class attribute and use a hook to add the address from the Class attribute
back into the packet. This will only work though if you are allocating the
address in Radiator. If on the other hand it is the Cisco that is doing the
address allocation, then the only thing you can do is complain to Cisco, and
hope that they get around to fixing the problem (that has been there for a
*long* time).

If you need more help, please send me a copy of your configuration file (no
secrets) together with a trace 4 debug showing a typical access request,
access accept, accounting start and accounting stop.

hth

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au