(RADIATOR) Re: URGENT:AuthByPolicy problem!

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Thu Aug 16 23:07:56 CDT 2001

Hello Ganbold -

As you have discovered, the AuthBy RADIUS clause behaves differently to other
AuthBy clauses and cannot be used in the fashion that you show in your
configuration file. This is because the AuthBy RADIUS clause returns
immediately with "Ignore" and processes the proxied radius reply
asynchronously.

The usual way to deal with iPASS roaming is to put it in its own Handler,
usually after dealing with your local requirements explicitly, so a typical
configuration would look something like this:

#define Hanlder for local processing

<Handler Realm = your.realm>
         RejectHasReason
         AccountingHandled
         SessionDatabase SQL1
         AuthByPolicy ContinueUntilAccept
         AuthBy AscendAuthOnly
         AuthBy CiscoAuthOnly
         AuthBy CheckMERIT
         PostAuthHook \
         file:"/root/radiator/Radiator-2.18.1/CheckBlockTimeLeft"
</Handler>

# define Handler for iPASS (everything else)

<Handler>
	RejectHasReason
	SessionDatabase SQL1
	AuthBy CheckIPASS